Reference, Instruction, Classes
Questions about course reserves?
Course reserves can be found using the "Search for Course Information and Reserves" tab on our front page.
One-on-one consultations are available to help users with their research needs. Help is available in the Engineering Library in person, via email (email@example.com), by phone (607-254-6261) or via Chat (librarians from other Cornell libraries may answer Chat calls).
Instruction and Classes
The Engineering Library supports the research and teaching of the College of Engineering by giving classes on library research. These are designed to fit the specific information needs of the course and teach students how to conduct research effectively. To request a session, contact Jeremy Cusker at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- 10 Ways to Be a More Efficient Civil Engineer
- Biological and Environmental Engineering 4890
- Chemical Engineering 4620
- Chemical Engineering 7920
- Electrical and Computer Engineering 4980 Systems and Synthetic Biology
- Engineering General 1050
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Materials Science & Engineering 3070/4070
How-To Instructions for Engineering Research
- AIME (American Institute of Mining, Metallurgical, and Petroleum Engineers) Location Guide for volumes of AIME Transactions
- Citation Management Guide for Scientists, Engineers, and Mathematicians
- Citation Style Guide
- CUL Labs - new technology tools to make research easier, includes LibX tool bar.
- JGR: Journal of Geophysical Research (explanation of parts)
- Micropatent Guide
- Patent Information & Patent Searching: Cornell Engineering Alumni Inventors
- RefWorks Instructions (superseded by Zotero and Mendeley programs)
- Translations (finding translations of research published in languages other than English)