Instruction and Classes
The Engineering Library supports the research and teaching of the College of Engineering by giving classes on library research. These are designed to fit the specific information needs of the course and teach students how to conduct research effectively. To request a session, contact Jeremy Cusker at or at the main engineering reference email.
The LibGuides (Library Guides) mentioned below are specifically designed with information resources needed for specific subjects or individual classes.
This page lists some engineering courses which we teach library research strategies.
We also maintain a central LibGuide page for most engineering disciplines.
How-To Instructions for Engineering Research
- How to Tutorials for Finding Engineering Information –
- Citation Management Guide for Scientists, Engineers, and Mathematicians
- CUL Apps – new technology tools to make research easier, includes Passkey.
- Patent Information & Patent Searching: Cornell Engineering Alumni Inventors
- Translations (finding translations of research published in languages other than English)