Goals for the Engineering Quad
(This project is now on hold – 2021)The College of Engineering completed a Master Plan in 2017, which included a goal of the renovation of Hollister Hall. Studies of specific plans for Hollister have continued through 2019.
Hollister Hall and the DeFrees Hydraulics Lab in 2019
- Hollister Hall is a 115,288 square foot building, built in 1957
- The DeFrees Hydraulics Laboratory added in 1982
- Currently houses Civil and Environmental Engineering (CEE)
- Also College of Engineering offices, includes 13 classrooms
Hollister Hall in the future
- New plan: Addition to the north wing
- An estimated 81,000 square feet of new space to be added overall
- Schedule of design and construction is pending funding
Goals for the Hollister Hall addition
- Create a core of spaces for Civil and Environmental Engineering for curriculum, research and innovation across all degree programs.
- Flexible space for students as well as various types of classrooms including large seminar rooms, break-out rooms, and common work space.
- Centralize the College of Engineering administration.
- Relocate and integrate library services from Carpenter with other spaces.
- Optimized and expanded research labs.
- Minimize impact of these renovations on teaching, research, and to Carpenter.